Somiqboard is Beagleboard compatible platform designed to carry new System on Module family SomIQ. The board features industry standard interfaces like High-Speed USB 2.0, USB-OTG, HDMI (DVI-D), SD/MMC, LCD-TFT signals as well as an audio codec with sound capture and stereo in/out, S-Video output and CCD extension connector for Leopard Imagine camera modules.
To enable third party accessories compatible with Beagleboard-XM or Pandaboard we added three expansion connectors (IO and LCD) which are 100% compatible in electrical and mechanical parameters with Beagleboard-XM or Pandaboard if you use the SomIQ-AM37 module.
Compatible products from global suppliers:
- P1 – 5VDC, 2-3A
- B1 – RTC battery (not populated)
- X2/X3 connectors
- P10 – HDMI (DVI-D only)
P13 – Composite and S-Video output
- P11/P12 – 24 bit LCD signals (Beagleboard-xM compatible)
P4 – USB OTG (MiniUSB-AB)
- Device Mode by default
Host mode. Special cable is needed to pull down the ID line or a resistor R100 soldering is necessary (0 Ohm).
- P2 – USB-serial by FT232RL, MiniUSB-B connector
- P6/P5 – dual USB-A (USB-Host x4 chip is on board)
- P14 – Stereo Line IN
- P15 – Mono Mic IN
- P16 – Stereo Out 0.5 Watt
- P17 – Stereo Line Out
- P7 – Ethernet 10/100 from the SomIQ controller
- P8 – Onboard Ethernet 10/100 by LAN9221 (not populated in rev.2)
- P18 – the connector for camera modules from Leopard Imaging Inc.
- P9 – Beagleboard compatible connector: MCBSP1/3, MMC2, I2C2
- P3 – MicroSD card connector
Quick start guide:
Somiqboard v2 schematics (pdf):
Somiqboard v2 full Altium Dxp project:
The project is open source and hosted at https://code.google.com/p/somiqboard/